Road : 01, Sector : 6
House-Building Bus Stand
The objective of the course is to provide the students technical knowledge on woven fabric, knitted fabric and sweater yarn to manufacture the different apparel product and merchandise that product. This course is more suitable for especially experienced person who learned through observation in RMG sector.
After completion of the course, the fresh graduate will get a token of access in the job market of RMG sector and experienced people will be benefited by developing their professionalism and knowing about extensive area of the RMG sector.
Syllabus & Evaluation Method :
Fiber : Introduction to textile fibers, fiber classification, fiber properties, fiber identification,
2.2. Yarns: Introduction to yarns, Types of yarns, Yarn manufacturing process, Cotton fiber processing, Carded yarns processing, Combed yarns processing , Man made fiber spinning process, Yarn twists -S and Z, Yarn numbering system, Direct system (Tex and denier), Indirect system (Metric count and cotton count), Related yarn calculation such as count ,weight, and length.
Fabrics: Introduction to fabric, Different types , fabric, Fabric manufacturing process.
Woven fabrics: Introduction to woven fabric, Flow chart of woven fabric production, Basic structures of woven fabric, Derivates of plain and twill fabric, Woven fabric related calculation such asGSM, OZ/ YD
Knitted fabrics, Introduction to knitting, Warp knitting, Weft knitting and sweater, Terminology related to knitting and Knitted fabrics, Basic elements of knitting, Knitting principles, Knitting machines, Basic weft / Warp knitted fabrics, Knitted fabric related calculation , such as GSM, Shaping calculation for sweater Commercial names of woven and knitted fabrics.
Topic: Dyeing , Printing and Finishing
• Dyeing: Printing : Types of Printing, Color fastness , Intermediate Processes:, Mechanical Finishing: Raising, Shearing, Calendaring, Embossing, Sanding or cherishing, pleating, shrinking, diarizing, Chemical Finishing , Coating & Lamination
• Testing Standard :
ISO Standard, B.S. Standard, AACC Trims & Accessories:, Care labeling, Size specification
Sample Room activities & buyer Approval :
Garments manufacturing – An overview,
• Basic function of stores ,
• Material Received report (MRR),
• Goods issuing – requisitions and checking consumption , Sample section,
• Making counter/ approval sample as per buyer sketch/ Original sample
• Making pre production sample based on the comments on faced sample
Fabric Defects & Control, Fabric defects, Reasons of fabric defects, Identification of fabric defects, Woven & Knit fabric defects, Dyeing & Finishing Defects, Quality Control :Job requirement of Quality Inspector, Buyer QC Inspection , AQL & Final Inspection.
Production System & Line Balancing :
• Brief discussion on production systems,
• Operation breakdown – Garment tree,
• Line balancing,
• Standard minute- Meaning and basic equation Production planning and control,
• Production capacity calculation,
• Monthly capacity reports,
• Master order file maintenance, Pre- production activities,
• Order negotiating,
• Order confirmation,
• Preparation of production docs,
• Product development,
• Organizing pre-production meetings,
• Fabric ordering procedure,
• Accessories ordering, Cutting Room Technology, Markers, Preparation of swatch board , Spreading, Cutting,
• Preparation of daily cutting plans and table plans,
• Production record keeping and monitoring ,Garment Washing Techniques, Normal Wash, Pigment wash, Bleach wash, Stone wash with or with out bleach, Acid wash, Enzyme wash, Social Compliance & standard, CTPAT, Labor law, safety , OSH, Environment Calculating Consumption: Fabric, Thread, Accessories ,Packing Materials & Others & Costing, Material consumption.
• Fabric consumption,
• Thread consumption,
• Accessories consumption ,
•Packing materials, Garment costing and pricing,
• Pricing policies ,
• C & F and FOB, CIF,
• Costing system, Direct costing , Absorption costing, Activity based costing , Costing practices : - T-shirt, - Polo shirt, - Skirt , Knit trouser
|90 and above||A+|
|70 - 79||B+|
|60 – 69||B|
|50 – 59||C|
|Less than 50||F|
Admission Time: Yearly two intakes – Month of January and - Month of July
Application Procedure :
Application forms are available for Tk. 200 at CFTM, Tropical Rafa Tower, House-02, Road-12, Sector-06, House Building Bus Stand, Uttara, Dhaka-1230.
A complete application includes: i) Application form; ii) Three copy passport size photographs; iii) Clean photocopies of SSC & HSC Mark-sheets;
Final Exam & Certificate:
Final Exam will be conducted by BTEB. Participant need to attend the board final exam in every year last Friday of the month of June and December. Certificate will be issued by BTEB.
Fashion Institute of Technology
Mirpur Road, Dhaka 1207.
Mobile : 01787-332233,